Read the complete article here at www.DeskofBrian.com: http://deskofbrian.com/2010/11/the-leftist-delusions-of-president-obamas-accomplishments/
This Facebook post is spreading through Democratic and leftist circles to mobilize support and tighten the buzzwords of support for their glorious leader.
Nancy Lloyd’s list is a utopian wishlist of campaign propaganda designed to program the disciples for the upcoming campaign without any serious analysis to truth or execution.
At the top of the list in “Ethics” is the Obama favorite – “Transparency”
Let’s forget for a moment that Congress pushed healthcare through Christmas sessions at midnight or the series of thousand page bills which were never read –no, let’s look at the President’s most recent move: Bob Bauer.
The “Ethics Czar” (Norm Eisen) has been relocated to ambassador detail for the Czech Republic leaving Bauer to head this “fictional” concept of “transparency” from the Oval Office. Bauer, a Democratic lawyer and opponent to Campaign Finance, has a reputation of ‘pushing the limits of how these rules are interpreted, he’s paved the way for more unethical outcomes.”
On a similar notion is the concept that there are “no lobbyists in the White House” – they use the phrase “placed limits on” them – no matter what color you paint the fence, it’s still designed to keep the chickens on the farm.
From President Obama’s State of the Union: “We’ve excluded lobbyists from policymaking jobs” which translates to “We told a bunch of people no, but we have 40 lobbyists currently working in the White House.” (Read Washington Examiner article here)
Nancy Lloyd Facebook article says: “* Note: After saying he would not hire lobbyists, a few have been hired in the Administration” — yes. “Few” = 40!
Promises broken are so easily redefined or ignored:
* Freedom of Information Act to be repealed – now, “respect” the act and overturn Bush era limits
* Close Guantanamo Bay Prison (“due to opposition”) – even though he’s had a super majority in Congress
* Afghanistan & Iraq: I love the spin here on “intentions and efforts” instead of results
* Ended the Bush-era “blackout” imposed on media coverage of the return of fallen US soldiers (CALVIN GIBBS!?!?!)
* On that same blackout: Wikileaks documents and the mysterious missile off the coast of California
Let’s continue the back and forth with Nancy’s proposed “Accomplishment” and the reality:
* Visited more countries and met with more world leaders than any president in his first six months in office — apologized for America tour, bowed to Saudi and Japanese leadership and dissed Great Britain, our strongest ally on several occasions.
* Spoke on Arab television, spoke at an Egyptian university, and met with Arab leaders in an effort to change the tone of US-Arab relation — We’re Sorry
* Authorized a $789 billion economic stimulus plan – It’s NOT going to work because it was a spending bill for Democrat districts
* Authorized a continuation of the US financial and banking rescue plans initiated at the end of the Bush administration and authorized TARP funds to buy “toxic assets” from failing financial institutions — see Bush gets blamed for the mess, but Obama continued the horrible bailout bill, turning it into a slush fund for bankers
* Ended the Bush-era policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource American jobs – in India he describes outsourcing as having “enormous win-win potential” Read here
The post ends with “Share the Facts” – well, there are a ton of “half-truths” or skewed perspectives to share. So as I prepared for responses: “Let ‘er RIP!”
Read about the Calvin Gibbs case on DOB: http://deskofbrian.com/?s=calvin+gibbs