1. Cut costs by preventing runaway malpractice lawsuits.
2. Cut costs by allowing Americans to buy insurance across state lines.
3. Cut costs by allowing lower premiums for healthier lifestyles.
4. Increase access to health insurance by ending the unfair tax on the uninsured (and self-insured), giving them a tax-break similar to that which is already available to those with employer-provided insurance.
5. Provide further help for those who are uninsured and have expensive preexisting conditions, by increasing federal support for state-run or state-organized high-risk pools.
6. Convert some federal funds into block grants to states, and reallocate the savings resulting from reducing the number of uninsured.
7. Implement additional reforms from the House Republican health bill.