Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tiger teaches us an old lesson


"I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart."

Transgressions.

The topic came up briefly in the Wednesday night sermon at our church and the true life lesson was revealed: it'll never be enough. Only God will deliver us happiness.

Tiger has all the wealth and fame. How many have we all dreamt of both? Isn't everyone guilty of even asking God for a lotto winning or to be a rock star (or a sports star)?

Tiger Woods had both and it wasn't enough.

Have you seen his wife -- a Swedish bikini model: wasn't enough.

Tiger has two beautiful young children, but that didn't prevent "transgressions" -- no, the grass is always greener in other pastures.

We might read or hear about "mistakes", "errors in judgment" or even "how Tiger is the man", but in the end the fall from celebrity grace is a long one.

The mighty fall wouldn't be so harsh if he wasn't put on such a high pedestal. The media and audiences alike can enjoy some popcorn while watching the greatest golfer in the world be shamed for his "transgressions"

"Deliver me from all my transgressions: make me not the reproach of the foolish." -- Psalms 39:8

"Transgression" is synonymous with sin and the cheating Tiger reminds us all that those sins are still present no matter how rich we are, how famous we become or how beautiful our spouse may be.


The Tiger buzz was heated at work with this silly, yet amusing photo which I thought I'd add

No comments:

Post a Comment